Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, November 03, 2006

Get Out of my Head!

When I wake every morning there is a song in my head. I don't pick the song, it's just there. It can be anything from a Christmas carol to a toilet paper jingle. I can't control it, it just is. It's like having my very own jukebox stuck on random. There was one time I woke up for three days with Faith Hill's "Cry" in my mind. I decided if I woke up the fourth day with that song playing I'd shoot myself. I think the fourth day was "Cat Scratch Fever", so I was saved.

Sometimes I don't know the song very well so I'm stuck singing the same two or three lines over and over again until I can find another song to listen to. This morning was one of those times. Only instead of just having two lines repeating themselves, which is annoying enough, it was an insanely vulgar song as well.

"Come on, girl, let me get your..." agh, must... fight... self. "Come on girl, let me get your..." no, I will not sing this again. Think of any song, ANY song. C'mon, think! "Come on girl, let me get your..." STOP IT! Turn on the radio, quick, quick. Kelly Clarkson? Ugh, I'll stick with the vulgar.

I'm glad to say that Stevie Nicks "Room on Fire" has finally replaced la raunchy in my mind. Now I am at peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

Ha! Too funny! Hey, I have that vulgar song. . .I like to blare it in the "neighborhood" where I work.

I also noticed when we are together, that if we are not involved in dialog, that you hum softly. I don't remember you doing that when we were living together. Have you always hummed to yourself? I think it's cool that you can carry a tune.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

I have your song for tomorrow:

"Cash is witty and fast on his toes,
my re-SPECT for Cash continually grows."

You're a creative sort. You pick the melody.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

ACtually, "Cry" was written by Angie Apparo who sang it much better than the homoginized Wal*Mart bastard version Faith Ho sings.

But hoooray for Cat Scrath Fever! I had that stuck in my head for several days and it was great!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Issy said...

Oh Matto! "Faith Ho"? That's brilliant! By the way, haven't seen you since the wedding. . .just wanted to say "hey!".

3:53 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Faith Ho - that's great.

Yeah, I picked up the humming thing a long time ago. I don't even realize when I'm doing it. Good thing I don't suck at it, huh?

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home