Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Erk, ag, whine...

Well, the shit storm is over and I'm back at work. My body is still sore so I'm walking around like an old lady.

I'm so upset that Mr. Kim died. In case you don't know Mr. James Kim and his family became stranded in Oregon. Mr. Kim went to look for help while his wife and two young daughters stayed with the family car. Not since Baby Jessica fell down the well has an entire country followed a story. I had so hoped this would have a happy ending but alas, it did not.

While I feel so sorry for this family I have to ask myself, why would anyone drive down a secluded road after (during?) a hard-ass snow storm? Why the hell would one do that? Didn't getting stranded ever cross their minds? I understand they were vacationing, but c'mon! If there is a snow prediction of several inches you'd find my ass on a very popular highway, even if it was 50 miles out of my way. And if I were going to risk it by traveling a secluded road I'd have an emergency kit in the back of my car. Blankets, batteries, a flash light, fire wood, and extra gas.

It's a sad thing that Mr. Kim died. It's even sadder knowing he didn't have to. My thoughts are with his widow now as she faces this Christmas alone.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, that is sad. But, what i find even more sad is the fact that Mr. Kim didn't stay with his family..I mean COME ON!! so after his 8 mile trek to find HELP he ends up a mile from his car just down the hill. WTF?..if this proves anything to people it should be STAY WITH YOUR FAMILY!! Don't try to be a fucking hero...YOU WILL BE FOUND!!! The wife and kids were doing fine. She had been feeding them her breast milk and that's some of the sweetest stuff on God's lil green earth!! I'm sure there was plenty for him as well!! I agree also with WTF were they doing on some sorry assed side road in the middle of all that SNOW?...tisk tisk tisk..shame on them. It's very sad that the kids will have to grow up without a father as well as Mrs. kim losing a husband. A safety tip for all you wood-b-travelers-n-winter..bring a FLARE GUN!!..they are inexpensive and might save your life...toss in a few blunts as well!!!...:)

6:19 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

When I was 13 years old a car I was in (full of young girls) got stuck in the snow in East St. Louis. This was back in the 80's when little white girls didn't go near East St. Louis. So we got out and tried to push when we saw a guy walking past us. He had a 9 inch knife held up to his chest and looked ready to use it on anyone who came near. We all became super-human and got the hell out of there.

I have never been stuck anywhere since.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dumb ass walks. You know why. I can't afford to stay in one spot and worry about what might come next. As far as street smarts are concerned, I think the stranded thing falls into that category.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home