Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, December 08, 2006

Brittany's Box

I made a box for my niece this Christmas. It all started when I went to Michael's and found these little metal squares on sale for $.99. I didn't know what I'd do with them but they were on sale.

I painted little blue flowers on the tiles. Sorry this photo is so fuzzy.

Then I decided to sew blue beads around the edges of the flowers, leaving the corner holes empty so I could attach the pieces together.




bracelet made, I now needed to get the box ready. I found an old wooden box that had been the victim of many failed ideas. After sanding it down a bit I glued material to it and cross-stitched Brit's name across the top. Then I made a divider and cut the box into two compartments.


I painted an egg with the same flowers as the bracelet and attached a hanger. Wa-la, ornament. I put padding onto one side of the box and created a platform for the bracelet on the other side. Now all I had to do was put it all together.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Very nice, I can appreciate this stuff, not because I do it myself, but the skill, creativity and such is just darn interesting.

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's going to love it! If I didn't have a 3 year old octopus running around, I could probably do more creative stuff at home. For now I have to use your abode as my place of refuge.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

My abode is open anytime.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home