Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Feeling Weird

First of all let me just say this - I am not pregnant.

I have been in a very strange mood lately. Seems my emotions are trying to take over my life and I can't get a handle on them.

If something mildly irritates me on a regular basis I usually ignore it. Lately I've been getting so pissed I look to see if I am turning green. If something makes me happy I get all giggley like I've just won the lottery. It's as if my dial is turned to 100%, every action is met with a ridiculously over-emotional reaction.

For example, I read the blog of a girl who I like very much. What she talked about bothered me. I left a very long and...um, well....bitchy post. Over a CAKE! I felt slightly annoyed and the next thing I wanted to do was find her and rip her head off. What is wrong with me?

Then I read a story about a little boy who was hurt and I found myself damn near suicidal. Sadness swamped me and I almost cried. Then I get home and feel so much love for my husband that I wanted to run down the street screaming about it. Look at me! Look at me! I'm in love!

Is this the beginning of a mid-life crises? Or am I finally losing my mind?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woman, don't think you are alone. I too have been wondering what my issue is and have been for the past year to year and a half. I often wonder if I'm going through the "change" God forbid. I know my mother went through her's in her late 30's to early 40's and was done with it within 2 years. Yay for her but we all know what my mom was like before she died. I'd hate to see her during menopause and I would definately NOT want to see me during menopause.

I think you are missing me. Wanna do some alone time Friday night after B's dinner thing?

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She almost ripped you a new one... but KNEW it was NOT ABOUT CAKE.

I am sorry you are feeling weird right now. Maybe the holidays?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Don't know. It tends to come and go. I am going off the pill at the end of this month and I am anxious to see what will happen to me. The holidays are always stressful but this year I have less stress than normal...maybe that's it? I'm too relaxed for my own good.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Thank god you aren't pregnant; we'd hate to loose you!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home