Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Happy 500!

This is my 500th post! I'm throwing you all a party, come in, come in. We have an open bar over there by the stripper poles (men and women will alternate through the evening), and don't forget to stop by the sushi bar. The band will begin in a bit.

Wow, 500. I never thought I'd have that much to say.

So in case you've been comatose you've heard about the shootings at VA Tech. Tragic, really. I feel for those who were involved. Not just because of the terrible circumstances of the shooting, but also because they were immediately raped by the media. My show "Thank God You're Here" was preempted so the channel could dedicate 2 hours to the shooting. They interviewed everyone and anyone that may have had anything or nothing to do with the shooting, the victims, the school, and the whole state of Virgina.

I ask why the big deal? I know it is the highest death toll in a school shooting in our history, but last night they didn't even know who the gunman was. How is that reporting the news? And making those involved relive every moment for an uncaring media was just disgusting.

The media does not care one iota about anyone in VA. All they care about are their ratings. We have to have more viewers than channel 2/4/5/11/30. Never mind if anyone wanted to see coverage of this tragedy they could turn to CNN. Oh no! We have to bluster and bluff our way through 2 hours of sketchy information, not giving a damn about the people we are using to do it.

I sympathize with those involved, but I live in Missouri. I know no one at VA Tech. I don't care about anyone at VA Tech. Sorry, I'm just being honest. Don't cancel my shows in Missouri, ok? I can wait for the local news, thanks. I've seen suffering all over this world that way. Why is a school collapsing in Russia any different than this? No 2-hour specials for that. No plastering of death photos all over the Internet for that. No nothing. A bunch of kids die in another country and our media doesn't give a shit.

I hate to say it but school shootings are not new news. Not here in the good ol' US of A where 4-year-olds can get Uzis. We've heard it, we've seen it, it's tragic, but it DOES NOT stop the country, ok? There will be another one pretty soon, so make sure your news vans are full of gas because you may have to drive cross country to rape those survivors.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Hey I like "Thank God You're Here" also! Fun show. Didn't get sidelined on my station though.

But you're spot on, the news show will go ON and ON with ANY major tragedy or happening even though there is absolutely NO new information than there was 5, 6, or 7 hours ago when the story broke. I get it already, really bad stuff happened and it sucks.

I also liked how the commentary had started up before anything about the shooter was kknow. I don't have the link, but i had read that Dr. Phil was saying this happened because of violent video games.

WTF Dr. Phil?!?! How the heck can you possibly know that?!!?! Before any info abou the shooter is released YOU'RE telling us its video games? Did the guy play video games? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW !

What a clown.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

My dad and his friends used to play Cops & Robbers and Cowboys & Indians when he was a boy, did any of his friends go rob a bank or shoot up a school? No. Video games are as much to blame for this as broccoli.

I knew right from wrong because my mom and dad drilled it into me. Today's parents rely on TV and video games to educate their children. To that extent I can see blaming video games a teeny bit, but the parents deserve most of the blame. Today's kids are spoiled, unimaginative, and haven't been taught to think about the consequences of their actions. Change the parenting style of this country and we'll see a change in the kids.

But that guy wasn't from America, so why blame our culture for it? Dr. Phil is a blow-hole who's 15 minutes ran up a long time ago. The only thing dripping from his lips is bullshit.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home