Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, December 14, 2007

Ooh, Ugh, Groan, Moan

I've done something. I've kept it under wraps because I didn't know if I would stick with it, but I now know I will. Why? Because I LOVE IT!

What is it? I've joined the Arch Rivals Roller Girls Roller Derby team.

My body hurts in ways I never imagined. Riding a bike for two years I thought I was in pretty good shape. Ha! You don't fall on your ass when you're riding a bike, let me tell you. I haven't been on skates since I was 12.

Wednesday night I was strutting around in my knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, helmet, and underwear. Sexy. For last nights practice I did put on clothes (and stuff a few washrags down my pants to protect my tail bone). I have so much to learn but I'm glad I'm not the only newbie on the team. There are 10 of us - all wobbling around and falling down - together. We'll practice for a few months before we actually get assigned a team.

I'm so excited about this! Since I was a young girl watching C.H.I.P.s I've wanted to be a roller girl. I thought it was a dead sport - not so. So wish my luck and send me Joint Juice, I'm going to need it.

Now I must hobble off to work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home