Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Why are People so Stupid?

I deal with a lot of people in my job and I have to say just because you have a Ph.D. behind your name does not make you smart.

I received a recommendation letter for one of my applicants. Now, I have 500+ applications for the job I'm hoping to fill. This kind fellow wrote an amazing letter for a guy named Jerry. Jerry was a student of his at Yale. Jerry was a great guy as well as a great scientist. Jerry had no last name. I guess the Yale professor thought his Jerry was the only Jerry out there.

Our ad for this job clearly states all materials must be sent electronically. Yet I still received a hand-full of application through the mail. I emailed each of these people and asked for the PDF files to be sent. They did. All except one. She not only ignored my request, she sent all her letter of recommendation through the mail as well. I guess you can be a genius and still not understand the most basic of instructions.

I've had most of the information about this job and all the interviews online for months. I've sent the URL and log-in information to several people several times. Yet on the first day of interviewing they call me, panicked, because they don't have the information. Yeah, and it's somehow my fault. I'm sorry, I take for granted that if one is sent an email, one will actually READ IT!

I work a thankless job. Half the people I work for have no respect for me or what I do. I'm so glad Christmas is coming up soon, I will have a week off from work. I need to be away from here, I'm done with dealing with educated idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home