Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, April 28, 2008

Fantastic Weekend!

I had the best weekend! It was NFL Draft time again and the husband wanted to get me out of the house. My derby wife Buns and I went to Chicago. He made reservations for us as this wonderful B&B called the Ruby Room. It is a spa/salon but they also own two floors of hotel rooms. It was so unbelievably great. The bathroom was the best part! It held a steam shower/shower that was out of this world.

I have always loved Chicago. Right before I met my husband again I had decided to pack up my stuff, quit the job, and move there. That didn't happen, but I'm not sad about it. I always feel peaceful in Chicago. It's such a user friendly city, know what I mean? Every street, every block, every area offers something in the ways of food, shopping, and entertainment. It doesn't roll up its streets after midnight like some other cities *cough*St. Louis*cough*

The majority of our time this weekend was spent shopping, eating, and drinking. Nothing in the way of "Oh My God you're not going to believe what happened!" happened, it was just a nice time. We saw Second City on Saturday night, it was fantastic! We laughed until we cried. The funniest thing that happened all weekend was Buns' quest for wine.

Buns is not a big wine drinker. She found one that she likes, so she wanted to get it in Chicago. Doesn't sound like a hard thing, does it? It was. We searched, called, and Googled out hearts out trying to find a place within walking distance that carried this wine. Finally she gave up and we walked to this unimpressive tex/Mex restaurant to get a bite and sulk. We opened the drink menu and low and behold, there is her wine! It's like finding a Fendi bag at the Cracker Barrel, folks. All that searching. Anyway, we had a great time.

I was glad to get home to the husband. I miss him when we're apart. Next weekend he has a bike ride in Tennessee and we'll be apart again. Wah. But that's ok, he may win us $400, so it's all good.

Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home