Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, August 08, 2008

The Olympics are Here!

Woo-hoo! It's Olympic time again. Gymnastics, swimming, running, hurdling, weight lifting, and allllll sorts of good things. I am so excited!

The opening ceremony is tonight, this is one of my favorite things. The opening ceremony in Australia is still one of my favorites, I hope China can top it. I really like the fanfare, the introduction of the countries, and the lighting of the torch. I just wish the commentators would shut the hell up sometimes. Oh well, worth it!

All the human rights violations, menu choices, and political undercurrents can go to hell tonight. I'll think about those tomorrow. Tonight I want to look into humanities spirit of competition and view one of the small things that has always united us, at least for a moment, as one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home