Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, July 31, 2008

700

This is my 700th post, but I'm afraid it won't be a happy one. I'm sad today. A friend of mine has died. I mourn his loss, but I am also mourning the loss of my husband.

See, my husband has a moral high horse about people who commit suicide and he's been riding it all over the place. He feels people who commit suicide do not deserve sympathy. If anything, they deserve scorn. The thing is I am not asking my husband to have sympathy for my friend, I am asking him to have sympathy for me. His answer is no. If anything, not only am I not getting the sympathy, I am getting the scorn.

In a marriage your spouse is the one person you should be able to rely on during hard times, they have the shoulder you get to cry on. I think having no shoulder would be better than the cold shoulder I am getting now. I am sad today, and my husband doesn't care. No, this is not a happy post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

hey lady,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That's such a terrible thing to have happen to some one you care about. My favorite aunt commited suicide when I was 10 or 12 or something. That was really rough.

A good friend of mine from pedicabs did the same when I was still in Savannah. The really sad thing, was his was the biggest funeral I've ever been to, and my mom's side of the family of pretty big.. Catholics you know. But his dwarfed them all. Just about any place from intown you could think of had someone there. To think he had so many people that cared about him, yet he felt so low and alone that he felt he had no other alternative.

I'm really sad to hear of Mr. Barbarian's behavior. One, whatever his beliefs or attitudes, those should be put aside and he should show his support.

He does not sound like he is being very empathetic in his views or towards you; and I am very sad to hear that.

If you want to email or call about this, you are always welcome to.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Thanks, babe. I appreciate it.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home