Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, May 13, 2005

Today's top story - "College Grad's Illiterate"

I so wish I could tell you which University I word for, but that would be just a bit too identifying and I've already had one run-in with a stalker...

It is the end of the semester, and the kiddies are packing up their cars and U-Hauls and going home. There is a road that goes through the center of the University. It is a very narrow road. There are signs plastered all over one side stating "Do not park here to unload," and "No parking this side of road at anytime."

How many cars do you think are parked on that side of the road right now? There were two this morning. I had my windows down and couldn't help but yell, "Can't fucking read, moron?" They've paid $58,000 or more to graduate from one of the top ten universities in the country, but they can't figure out that a parked car blocks traffic?

And their parents? Oh, don't even get me started. Yesterday I put out the final exams for one of my classes. Now, there are two ways a student can get their exam. They can have them put in the racks, metal racks located outside the classroom in another building, or they can elect to have their exams held back (usually by the TA) and collect them by hand in the TA room, also in another building. As it was the final exam, the TA's are no longer working. I had to keep the few exams that were to be picked up in my office. As a courtesy, I posted signs all over the other building letting them know where my office was.

A girl shows up and wants to pick up her exam. She doesn't have her ID, but she does have her mother with her. Ok, I ask her name and rifle through the few exams I have.

"I don't see it, did you elect to pick it up?"
"No, I elected to have it put in the racks, but the note said to get them here."
"Oh, well then, your exam will be in the rack."

The racks were empty before and now are full of exams. Mind you, the note was posted right above the racks... less than six inches from the racks to be exact. After I explained this to the poor girl, her mother gives me an evil look and says, "It could have been explained better."

Explained better? This is the final exam, there have been four exams before now. The procedure has not changed. The racks have not moved. Had princess lowered her eyes half a foot she would have seen the exams in the rack. Don't blame me because you gave birth to a complete idiot.

Future leader's of our country my ass.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Future leaders of our country... considering our current leader if find it highly likely they will be too.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

I meant "I find it likely"... can't type tonight

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home