Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

We're Movin' On Up

WE HAVE AN AIR CONDITIONER!! I'm so happy. The job isn't completely done yet, but the air works. Last night we sat in our living room with a light on. I could have fixed dinner and not blasted us out of the first floor.

Then bedtime came. My husband set the temp control at 83. 83? What the hell did we get an air conditioner for? We could have saved ourselves $$ and just dealt with the piece of crap we had before. Eighty-freaking-three! So we compromised at 76. I can take being a bit warm during the day, but when night comes, I want to sleep in a meat locker.

I watched a show on TLC about a female body builder. One word: gross! I can admire and respect the dedication and training a body builder must go through in order to enter, and win, a competition. Not everyone can do it. However, I myself find women with bodies like that disgusting. Look what happens to their faces...it's a man, baby! They lose their tits, and they all have voices that rival Wolfman Jack's. (For those youngin's out there, Google him). I don't find any male or female that pops with muscles and engorged blood vessels attractive.

There is no money to be made in body building unless you 1) own a gym, or 2) are the best of the sport. To support herself, this woman had to pimp herself out on a website. The thing that really surprised me is that these muscles are useless. For a competition, a competitor must fast and dehydrate for days in order to meet the 3-4% body fat requirement. They work out on a constant basis to enlarge their muscles, using what energy they have left. On the day of a competition, a weakling like me could go in there and kick every one of their asses. They're all for show, like a horse or a bull at the State Fair.

This poor lady didn't even make it. All that pain, fasting, and working out for nothing. If she let herself lose a few pounds and get back to a feminine body shape, she could model easily. I just don't get it.

I rode 7 miles this morning. I'm a little disappointed, but I didn't get much sleep last night due to the chainsaw snoring my husband was doing. I went to sleep on the couch and then had to fight with the cat. I was feeling really good until we turned this one corner. If you've ever wanted to know what a zombie riding a bike looks like, this was it. Seeing that zombie trying to get off the bike was even more entertaining. It was like I suddenly sprouted another set of arms and legs, each with a mind of their own. Uuuunng... Gatoraide.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Bike riding zombies... sweet!

Comgrats on the AC, that was funny how your boy set the temp at 82-83. He cracks me up. We need to plan something out to see you guys. I miss your wacky antics.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Yes, let's. It's hot as hell here, I can only imagine that there is the same. Let's plan a trip to Alaska or something.

10:17 AM  
Blogger frangelico77 said...

i like the air conditioning set to 79. And it is not that hot down here.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home