Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I Rule, then I get Bitch-slapped

I rocked in class last night. I went first because everyone else was too chicken. Best to go ahead and get it over with. I had to read three monologues chosen by moi. The first was from a play called "Knock, Knock," by some guy named Fiffer. I was Joan of Arc come back to present day.

The second was Jesse from the play "'Night, Mother," a pleasant little play about suicide. Very dramatic. Not my favorite but I gave it a go.

The third was from a play called "Cowboy Mouth" by Sam Shepard. I really liked this one and it showed because everyone was impressed. Yeah, I was glowing. Then my professor says that particular monologue has been done more than Jennifer Lopez, so I should get rid of it. Damn! She did soften the blow by saying I performed it better than the others that she's seen. Yeah, yeah...

The others were good. Woody McConoughey was particularly funny, he has a very expressive face, I'd love to see him do something very dramatic. Economics boy showed up, surprise, and he has a very nice speaking voice. He read from another Sam Shepard play. Boy's creeping up on my territory, have to smack him down.

So all in all not a disaster. Now I just have to find another monologue to memorize before next Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home