Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, December 19, 2005

Bah Humbug!

Two conversations happened this weekend:

Hubby: "What are you planning on having when your parents are in town?"

Me: "Oh, I thought about having an artichoke dip, maybe a crab dip, some finger foods and eggnog, plus maybe a dessert."

Hubby: "What? I thought we'd have one dip and maybe something else. We're not feeding the whole neighborhood. Why do you have to have so much?"

Me: "Because, Scrooge, this is MY Christmas, too, and I'm not going to be cheap. We'll already have one crab-ass bastard in the house, why do I have to be Mrs. crab-ass bastard?"

The other conversation went a bit like this:

Mom: "I hope you're not planning your vacation time around us. If you guys are going someplace else for New Year's, don't stay on our account. Go ahead and do what you want, you don't have to plan your vacation around when we'll be in town."

Me: "Actually, the thought never crossed my mind."

Mom: "Oh."

Let me get something straight - ever since I was abandoned six years ago like an unwanted step-child, my Christmas plans have revolved around no one but myself. I'm going to do what I want and screw everyone else. Since my husband has always made Christmas unbearable with his constant nagging and bitching, I don't really include him in my plans, either. I've learned that the only way I am going to enjoy this certain holiday is to ignore everyone else and take pleasure in what I do.

So plan on that.

1 Comments:

Blogger frangelico77 said...

Slap Scrooge upside the head until he gets some Christmas spirit in him.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home