Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Eyes....Burning....

The light directly over the door to my office burned out a couple of days ago. Last night, while I was warm in my bed, someone finally replaced it. This morning I was introduced to the light I like to call the Sunburst 6000.

I have to approach my door with my sunglasses on. I can already feel a burn coming on from my 5 second exposure. My keys began to heat up as I was unlocking my door. A fine sheen of sweat pops out every time I have to leave. If I had a magnifying glass I could burn down this building. Oh sure, everyone else has their soft-glow mellow yellow lights, I get the condensed version of an atomic bomb.

Can't say our maintenance guys are slackers, no sir.

I have been extremely busy at work. I'm not trying to brag, but I have a pretty important job. While that looks good on a resume and pays me the little bucks, it also wears me out. Last night, after a particularly grueling day, I went out to my car to find my tire f-l-a-t. Again. This time I had to change it. I called my husband, who works close, but with the stupid drivers we have in St. Louis, he showed up just as I was putting everything away. I HATE changing tires. So now I have my anemic donut tire doing double duty until this weekend.

Tomorrow is our work Christmas party. That's right, CHRISTMAS. Anyway, we give gifts and every year I have given a gag gift. And every year, the one person who would not get the gag has chosen my gift. This year I bought a shot glass tic-tac-tow. With all the alcoholics I work with, one of them is bound to pick my gift.

Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home