Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, February 17, 2006

I have to lose weight, my fingers are starting to
look fat.

I’ve been toying with an idea for a self-help book.
I’ll call it “Don’t be a Dumb-ass Ho.” I know some
women who could greatly benefit from a book like that.

I’m watching the Olympics in Torino. A guy named
Johnny Weir is skating his short program dressed like
a swan. Not the Bjork kind of outfit, but a black and
white number with strategic cut-outs going down the
leg. He is absolutely mesmerizing. Not his routine,
that was simply amazing, but his attitude. Nothing
gets to this guy. He told everyone in the public and
the media to kiss his ass, looking like an off-duty
drag queen while he did it.
He is very pretty. This kid has lashes that can
create wind, and a sharp nose and lion’s main of dark
brown hair. Plus he’s tall. I’ve always had a thing
for tall guys. After his routine he gave an
interview, the woman reporter had to reach up to put
the mike by his mouth.
He was humble in his attitude. Now there’s a class
act. We don’t see enough of men like Johnny. Too
bad, I don’t think he likes girls.
I was trying to tell my husband that there are two
types of ice skaters, the technical and the beautiful.
Technical skaters are very impressive because they
usually do a lot of tricks. They are usually fast and
somewhat dangerous. These routines are like a quick
visit from the circus. Beautiful skaters have a grace
about them. They float across the ice and gracefully
jump into the air, with little effort showing through
their constant smiles. Beautiful skaters look at each
other or the audience while they skate. It’s more of
a dance with beautiful skaters.
I like both, but I prefer the beautiful skaters win.
It takes a lot to be a technical skater; I’m not
saying it’s easy. But performing those tasks and
making it look easy is superior.
He really didn’t care.
How many of you know the pain of running out of money
before you’re paid again? It sucks. My husband and I
are making good money, we shouldn’t be scraping the
bottom every two weeks. I guess I’ll have to start
stripping again. We’re supposed to get a dog at the
end of this month, but how can we? We’ll have to get
it licensed, take it to the vet, and buy it some toys
and food dish, all after we pay to get the dog in the
first place. Then it will have to eat. Oy.
Tomorrow is payday. If I can stop my husband and
myself from buying anything unnecessary for the next
month we’ll be back in steak and potatoes. We were
supposed to go to Savannah for a visit, but I don’t
think that’s going to happen. I’m so glad we almost
have one of our credit cards paid off. With the rate
hike coming that’s one less thing to worry about.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Oi! I know what you mean about the lack of $$$.

Noodles took a grand from us since we got him.

Hey, where are you guys getting your dog? How did you decide to get one? You should post a blog about that.

Have you checked out petfinder.com?

It's a great resource for finding animox. Especially since there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many animals ot there who need homes. Getting them from pet stores a) costs A LOT more, and b) while they may SAY they get their animals from reputable breeders, by and large they get them from puppy mills (grrrrrr)

Even if you can't end up getting a dog by the end of the month soomtimes its best to take your time. It took us 3 months to find Tofu. In that time we visited the pound and some other dogs for adoption, but they just didn't click with us. Anyhow, Tofu was definately worth the wait

4:45 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

We'll start looking soon. Baby wants a big dog, I'm not so sure about that. I have the kitty to consider. Today is Baby's birthday (2/21). Maybe he got himself a dog as a present?

4:47 PM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Yeah. I bet that depends on the breed of the dog if its big. Golden Retreivers would probably be great.

On Petfinder they usually say if the dog is gonna not get along with cats, PLUS you can ask the adopter how the dog gets along with cats.

Mrs. The Hun says that an older dog may actually be better than a pup. The pup would most likely want to play with kitty; and we know kitty is nooooooot gonna be happy ;)

Hope it goes well!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

NO PUPPIES, we've already established that. I don't want a lab or a retreaver, I want a mini pincher or a weiner dog. Actually, I don't care as long as it will make us one big happy family. As long as the dog stays out of kitty's food dish and away from his favorite heat vent we should be fine.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home