Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Still Ain't Killt Nuthin

I went to my Dad's side of the family reunion Sunday, so you'll have to excuse my country twang. My dad's side of the family is, well, hmmmm...backwater. I guess that would be the best way to describe them. I'm not saying that being backwater is a bad thing. I have a touch of backwater running through my veins. Being backwater makes me less likely to be a sucker. See, backwater people don't trust no one no how. Trying to get my relatives to trust you would be like getting the Jews to name their children Adolph. Ain't happ'ning.

Backwater people support the blue jeans industry. They are the salt of the earth, if you lick them you'll see I'm telling the truth. They don't care for our government but they love America. They don't care about Paris Hilton, fashion, or what's going on in Hollywood, but they know everything about farming. I mean EVERYTHING! My older relatives still consider the telephone a new invention. My younger relatives use the phone to actually call people, none of this photo/email/Internet crap for them. And country music is Gospel. Backwater people really know how to decorate a trailer, let me tell you. Teeth are an option or a luxury depending on how you look at it. Backwaters stay married for life, see God in their children, and don't waste time with lies. If you make friends, you have friends for life; but God help you if you make enemies.

Nope, nothing wrong with being a little backwater a'tall.

Here's an interesting fact:
  • Women see one color differently than do men: red.
  • She sees crimson, burgundy, and tomato. He sees red. Just plain ol' red. Why? It turns out there's a perfectly good reason why men can't see what is so obvious to women: the many variations--some subtle, some bold--of the color red. Reuters reports that researchers from Arizona State University in Tempe have determined there is a gene that allows us to see the color red, and that gene comes in a high number of variations. Because the gene sits on the X chromosome--and women have two X chromosomes and so two copies of this gene, compared with only one for men--the gene aids women's ability to perceive the red-orange color spectrum. The study findings were reported in the American Journal of Human Genetics.


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home