Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ain't that a bitch.

Here's a story about two parents who kidnapped their 19-year-old daughter in order to force her to have an abortion. What's that noise I hear? Probably the oral flatulence of 1,000,000 anti-abortion activists.

I bet, I just BET that these parents consider themselves of the religious persuasion. I bet before the day is out they say something to the effect of God wanting/making them do this. See, the baby's Daddy is in prison. Mom and Pop didn't want his evil seed producing in the fine, angelic soil of their daughter's womb. Oh, I just bet.

If your child is over the age of 18, financially independent, and living on their own you as a parent can not tell your child what to do. Them's the breaks. At that point they are no longer children but adults and you must treat them as such. "Mothering' and "Fathering" comes to an end. It does. There is a point when the cord must be cut and the offspring must sink or swim on their own. It sucks, but you can't keep your baby a baby forever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

This isn't about abortion, it's about a couple of crazy parents.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Issy said...

I agree with B. This girl didn't have a choice as to what SHE wanted to do. This was taken into the hands of the parents when it wasn't even their child. I had my oldest at 19 and if my parents tried to pull that crap with me, both of them would be incapacitated to this day because I would fight them kicking and screaming. If I were that girl, I would have told her parents to pack a lunch!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home