Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Choppers

Our dog has developed a very strange habit lately. He likes to eat things. A couple of weeks ago he tore through not one but two of my journals. They were destroyed, gone, confetti. Sunday he managed to get one of the steaks my husband was preparing for supper. He ate the whole thing, stick and all (bacon wrapped fillet). That's going to hurt coming out, I can tell you.

In my department we have had some drama. On October 30 one of our brand new postdocs fell to the floor vomiting and convulsing. They rushed him to the hospital only to find he had an egg sized tumor on his brain. The doctors told him to make a will and notify his family. He's from England. His poor family rushed to America only to be told their son had a 10% chance of survival. The only thing giving him that 10% was the fact the tumor was on the outer side of his brain. Had it been on the inside he would have had 0% chance.

Monday, yesterday, he had the surgery. I'm glad to say that he made it through. Furthermore, he seems to be doing just great! He's talking and eating and having a grand ol' time. I'm so glad.

Here's to ya.

3 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

I am so glad for him and for his family. What a scare! And him not being a vegetable is a major plus. It had to have been all of that praying that we all did!

Be glad your poochie-poo isn't craving a 10 sack of worn panties! You could've ended up with your own homemade crotchless panties. . . very drafty!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

My own mother!

If I am not going to wear butt floss then I'm not going to wear crotchless. There is a lot to be said for el natural.

But don't go to an exercise class with no undies. That's just gross, as one of my classmates will be glad to tell you. When you do a lot of lunges, those thin pants go right up the crack.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Issy said...

Okay. . .this has gotten way out of hand (or crotch. . hehehe!) I should have kept my witty comments to myself!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home