Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, February 08, 2007

I'm Not Close to Happy, But I Can See It From Here.

Yesterday my cousin from Kentucky came to town. He's a regional manager and was checking up on one of his crews. Yesterday was also his birthday so he spent it with us here in St. Louis.

I had a wonderful time, and I really needed it. It was very therapeutic to show my cousin my home, my friends, and my city. Issy and I took him on a tour of the brewery (the horses were out, it was very cool to see them and be able to pet the dalmatians), had lunch at Growlers, and then met my sister and husband for dinner at Blueberry Hill. We drank, we ate, we talked. Birthday Boy has such a great personality, is super intelligent, and a perfect gentleman. Why is he single? I'll never get it.

Telling Birthday boy about my life and showing him a few things I've created made me feel a lot better about myself. Maybe I'm not so worthless after all. Looking at my situation through BB's eyes allowed me to see things from a different perspective. I felt a little stirring in my chest right next to my heart - I think it was pride.

I've also decided that I am cutting all my hair off. Well, not ALL of it, I'm not that brave, but I think I'll get a bob and, shocker, bangs! I haven't had bangs since I was 8 and my mother cut my hair. I don't know when I'll do it or where I'll go to have it done, but I am tired of the long hair. We'll see.

I also have an article in the next issue of "Weddings with Style." I was paid for it, too! My first REAL published work (I don't count the poetry websites as being published, some of those things accept ANYTHING). This makes me very happy. Now I can actually add a magazine to my submission letters. Woo-hoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Congratulations on the article. Don’t cut the hair though. Short hair really sucks on women.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

What? I think short hair can be very dramatic and sexy. We'll see if that applies to me.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Hey Lady, congrats on your published work. That's great news!

@darth
That's a mighty bold generalization for something that's pretty trivial, espicially if the overal package is OO-LA-LA!

You can't tell me that if everything was in the right place, etc. etc. but the hair was cut short you would turn that down. (of course this is hypothetical out of respect for 'significant other' considerations and such)

Then again, I don't know a thing about you so perhaps you would. And God Bless America if that's how you roll!
:P

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home