Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, January 26, 2007

Fun With Driving

I have tried to cut back on my road rage. With road rage one of two things is going to happen: 1) you will end up hitting/maiming/killing someone else, or 2) someone else will end up hitting/maiming/killing you. So I've been taking it easy. It has been hard.

Yesterday I was leaving work and had just gotten onto a main road. I was in the left lane and the right lane was clear. I look in my rear view mirror and see some jackass barreling his way up my ass. I do the slam-on-the-brakes- thing but that doesn't stop him. Then he just stayed up my ass. So I took my foot off my gas peddle. As gravity and kinetics dictate, my car started to slow down. I went from 45 to 28 before I started laughing. The lane next to us was still clear, but he'd rather drive up my ass than go around.

It was when I started laughing that he finally went around and, oooooh, was he mad. I guess the dude was insulted that I didn't find his Ford Festiva intimidating. I think the guy had an aneurysm when I laughed and pointed as he sped by.

What makes this story even better is the guy zipped around me and found himself in a long line of traffic. I eased my way into the right lane, (which has been clear this whole time), and passed his ass while laughing my fool head off. Nothing puts you in a good mood like ruining someone else's day.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home