Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pity, Party of One

Still in the dumps. I can't seem to climb out of them.

Hubby is doing really well. We haven't had a video game issue since the whole "Me or the Games" conversation. It's been nice, the only good thing I have going right now, I feel. Issy is doing well, we are sticking to our work-out regime. I hate it, but it's good for me.

Other than that I have nothing to look forward to. I see my future spun out before me as a carpet of gray. The same endless shit every day until I take my last breath. This is how I feel and I hate it, but it is confirmed at least 10 times a day - same old shit. I'm bored. I'm tired. I don't want to be here anymore.

So I am going to stay in this hole and try to figure this shit out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

I kinda felt that way way working at the HD... and then my body tried to kill me and put me in the hospital where i decided how pathertic it would be if I died as a Home Depot employee and that as soon as i got out i would quit.

That's help for now.

I wish i had some sage advise, but I'm not a sage, and if i was, I'd be so good you culdn't afford me.

I'm sure you'll manage your way through it one way or the other... probably the other.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Thanks, Babe. We need to visit.

11:44 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I hate to say this but moving to a new location might help in the short term but eventually in the long term you will probably be depressed again soon. You are probably down because you are not doing what you were meant to do. Life needs meaning to be eventful. I doubt location is the root cause of the depression but it is on the surface and easier to change than whatever else is wrong.

Believe me; I get these feelings all the time. I know I am not doing what I am supposed to be doing in life and I am often not with the people I want to be with. I can feel myself edging closer to “old age” which will eventually limit my options. Relationships are growing colder when I need them to be hotter. I am still working a job which gives me little satisfaction when all I want to do is travel and write.

The same problems St. Louis has, every town has; they are mostly the same. The freshness of a new job will quickly wear off, leaving you with the same problems in a different town.

Does any of this sound familiar? I touched on this a little in my Depression post which I deleted.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

It's very sage advice and you are 100% correct. I get depressed when I get stagnant. But good things have happened - I will soon be a PAID published author. I have an article in the next "Weddings With Style" magazine. Woo!

It's a start.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home