Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sufferin'

The joy of ego.

Last night in my body conditioning class we started the session with walking/running around. The Nazi Bitch likes to do this every once in a while to get our heart rates up. We start with walking, then add bending, turning, and jumping. In this class there are a small group of girls who can't be more than 20-22 years old. They start doing cartwheels.

There is no way in hell I'm going to let a bunch of skinny, perky-tit 20-somethings show me up when it comes to cartwheels. I didn't do 14 years of backyard gymnastics for nothing. So I roll my 5'10" frame down the length of the classroom just to show them how it's done. They oooo'd and aaaah'd appropriately. It felt good, I haven't done cartwheels in ages.

This morning I felt why. Arms, shoulders, legs, knees, everything but my damn torso is sore. Climbing up the stairs this morning was a lesson in moderation. And pain. Thanks to the ungodly amount of crunches we did my stomach is sore, too. Me and Issy are going to work out again tonight. That will be a study in pathetic. Issy - prepare to laugh.

Don't think I've given up. Once I can move without screaming I'm going to be back out in the yard and picking up where I left off. Maybe I can convince my husband to install a stripper pole in the back yard. That way I could brush up on my spinning and twirling.

3 Comments:

Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Look on the bright side. The pain means that your muscles are growing. So if you had a workout which generated that kind of pain you will start to see results very soon.

1:54 PM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Nana, if I had said that they would accuse me of being a perv. LOL!!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Darth - we're used to pervs. We like them. Pervs are honest. Get your bottle and come on down!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home