Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Fort Knox Mint

In my Christmas stocking I received a pack of Icy Breeze mints. Last Saturday at my nephews basketball game (he won, by the way, and scored 4 points) I noticed my breath was not the freshest. So I reached into my purse and found the mints.

The pack is a rectangular piece of plastic with the corner clipped like those restaurant packets of jelly. You lift the corner and there is enough space for one whole mint to fit into the corner. Logic dictates you get the mint in the corner, flip the box over, and wa-la, a mint comes out.

It took 10 minutes and the combined strength of me and my husband to get one damn mint out. The hole is large enough for one mint, yes, but the other mints crowding it stop the mint from falling out. The hole is too small to get a fingernail or any sharp object into the crevice to pry it out. It's more of a damn puzzle than breath freshener.

I guess the next time I want a mint from that pack I'll have to give it to a 2-year-old. They get into everything, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

I too suffer from not getting into things as easily as I once used to.

Basically it means we're all old and pretty soon we'll be decrepit too.

11:14 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Damn mint dispensing technology! Get feeling better soon, Barbarian. Being sick sucks eggs.

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home