Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

*SIGH*

I just don't know what to think about all this news coverage over the VA Tech shooting. I understand this nation is a bunch of blood-thirsty lookey-loos when it comes to crime, but this amount of coverage is obscene.

People loosing it and killing others is not new, people. Since Charles Whitman climbed that tower in Texas school shootings are not new. Large loss of life is not new, certainly not after 9/11. So why the media frenzy?

If I were a family member of one of the dead I would hate this country right now. I wouldn't be able to turn on a TV, a radio, surf the Internet, or hear a conversation without having my dead family member thrown in my face. How painful it must be to have a CONSTANT reminder, CONSTANT footage, and CONSTANT attention brought to my pain and grief. Enough is enough, let these people have some fucking privacy already.

And why this school, hmmm? Why these people? There are hundreds of people going to die today, will we see their faces and biography's splashed all over the news? What if a school shooting a occurs where only 4 people die, not news worthy enough? I guess your death is only tragic if you break some kind of record. I guess it's only a loss when NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX say it's a loss.

And let me just remind everyone that the news people who are doing these specials and interviews don't give a rat's ass hair about any of these people. They are covering a story. When the next big story hits these journalists and reporters will drop VA Tech and run away as fast as they can. Watch, you'll be amazed at how quickly their sympathy dies. Don't for one minute think they've been affected by this shooting. To them it's just a step up or down on their career ladder.

I'm sick of it. Sick, sick, sick of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home