Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Goooood Eatin'

I have found a place that will become part of my regular eating habits. It's called Marco's and it is located at 8600 Olive Street near U City. It's a Soul Food restaurant and it is a little piece of Heaven on Earth. One of my co-workers ate there and has been raving about it since.

The restaurant was clean, cute, and cozy. You can order off the menu or choose from the buffet. I had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn with a slice of corn bread. Oooooh, so goooood. I haven't had food like that since I left the South. The price was reasonable for the portions. I couldn't eat everything, in fact I think I need to take a nap so what I did eat can settle.

The service was immaculate. I learned the owner was a postal worker for many years, making a fabulous salary, when she saw the building and decided to follow her dream of opening a restaurant. She quit her job, opened the place, and has not looked back.

I'm telling you, if you want great food at a good price served in a nice environment with great service, Marco's is for you. They also serve breakfast and dinner. Hurry up and go while you can because once word gets out it would not surprise me to see a line wrapped around the building. Oh, it's closed Mondays.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Sounds like a good place. Too bad it's not nearby. Oh well.

How've ya been, Barb?

3:14 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Just dandy! Where have you been? I was afraid you'd found that tear in the fabric of reality and fallen through.

11:53 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Well, I've kept the blog rolling but haven't been visiting much. I have been really ill for about two months and I found out on Monday the reason why: fucking cancer. Anyway, I'm kind of lucky that the type of cancer is one of the more easily treatable kinds. It still is going to suck, but I don't plan on letting it ruin my life at all.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Oh, shit! Honey, I'm so unhappy to hear that. I work for a few professors who do cancer research. They have come a long way in the last ten years alone. You'll come through this just fine, you seem to have the right attitude. If you ever need someone to listen email me at barbarian02003@yahoo.com. My thoughts are with you.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home