Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, August 20, 2007

Clips

As you know I ride a bike. For the last two years I have been using standard pedals, the flat kind that you can find on any BMX in the country. As of yesterday I am happy to report I will never use them again.

My husband put clip pedals on my bike (I'm sure there is a better name for them, but go with me here). Your shoe has a clip attached to the bottom, they clip into the pedals trapping your feet. This way you can pull as well as push when you are pedaling. I didn't know how well I would like these things, but I'd already bought the shoes ($$$!) so I went for it.

I. Love. Them! I will never go back. My speed increased immediately and I didn't jam my toes into the bottom of my shoe every time I stood up. My ankles don't move around as much, either. These things are great. I am so looking forward to the MS150 now. After riding yesterday morning I felt great.

On a side note, yesterday morning was overcast and rainy. If I could ride in weather like that all the time I'd be a very happy girl. Damn sun...

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Hooray!. I'm glad you like your clips. That's even fancier than what I was thinking, wihch was just clips attached to the pedals. Well that's just extra fancy pants.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Yes, worship me. I am hot shit now.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home