Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, August 06, 2007

We Are Family

I have a new brother-in-law-to-be. My sister-in-law Lace is engaged. Her fiance is sooooooo nice, both in person and on the eyes. It's a good match. Now he only needs to give my father-in-law 12 goats and the deal will be sealed...

I was thinking about my family a lot this weekend. I remember something about my mom that made me smile. When I lived and worked in Savannah, GA, my parents came to visit me. I was working for the Savannah College of Art and Design at the time and we had a very nice house where important guests stayed. It was called Casey House after the actor, Berny Casey. Anyway, I managed to get my mom and dad a room in the house.

These rooms were gorgeous. The whole place was gorgeous. If Oprah came to stay at SCAD, this is where she would stay. It's more like a house than a hotel. The kitchen is fully stocked, there is a large living/sitting room, and each room has it's own bathroom. My mom and dad were staying in the room with two single beds. This room only had a shower. The other rooms had bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs. My mom and dad were alone in the house the first night they stayed so I told my mom if she wanted a jacuzzi bath go ahead, just clean up afterwards.

That night my mom snuck into one of the other rooms and began filling the tub with water. My mother was new to the whole jacuzzi tub scene and decided to test the jets before the tub was full.

Oh, you know what happened. After screaming and flaying around like a trapped bird she finally got the jets off. The entire room took a shower.

There was my mother, naked as a jaybird, soaked to the skin, trying to clean up the entire bathroom so no one would know her mistake. You know, I don't know if she actually took a bath after wiping the whole room down. Needless to say, she stuck to the shower for the rest of her trip. We had a good laugh about it and the guests that evening were none the wiser.

Love ya, Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home