Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Barry Bondage

I do not accept Barry Bonds as the new home run record holder. It may be reported that way, and it will go down in history that way, but I myself do not recognize it as a real achievement.

When a player enhances his abilities with drugs it takes away any credibility. A person who used a motorcycle in the Tour de France would not be considered the winner, right? People who run the Boston marathon don't have the option of starting in the middle of the race. So why should a man junked up on steroids be given this honor? He shouldn't. In my opinion he's not an athlete, he's a man who runs on chemicals.

If you took the steroids out of Bonds his performance would suffer. That right there is enough reason for me to deny him any honors. I'm not a baseball fan but I am a fan of honesty and integrity. To me Bonds has neither and I will treat him as such.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home