Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Michael Vic

Ok, I'm going to say what I have to say about Michael Vic and then I am going to be done with it.

He fucked up.

Here is a man who was paid millions of dollars to play a game. He had endorsement deals filling up his bank account, could go anywhere in the world he wanted to go, he received tons of free shit, and women threw themselves at him constantly. That type of lifestyle is a privileged lifestyle. A person who lives that type of life has to earn it, and once they have it they had better walk the straight and narrow to keep it.

He didn't. He partook in an illegal activity and was gambling on it. Gambling in the NFL is a BIG no-no. Not only did he get caught, but then he lied about it. He would have continued to lie about had his co-conspirators not ratted him out. That shows me the man has a huge lack of integrity, almost big enough to match his ego.

Now, were I the NFL commissioner, deciding what to do with Vic wouldn't be that hard of a decision. He's out. He's gone. He will never play football for the NFL again. But oh no, we as a society treat our entertainers soooooo much differently than real people. If Vic had been a normal man we would have grabbed our torches and pitchforks and marched to the castle. But since he's a football player we have to grapple with the punishment he should receive. Will it be too harsh? Will he be allowed to play football again? Or, oh no! Will he be made an example of? He should be made an example. An example of how not to fuck up!

How many players are in the NFL? Hundreds. And how many will sell their mother to get the position Michael Vic fucked away? Thousands. So don't give poor little Vic any damn sympathy. He brought this on himself. On a side note, any human being who perpetuates the savage "sport" of dog fighting should be buried under a jail. One who can watch dogs rip each other to shreds and get enjoyment out of it has serious issues, and they don't need to be glorified. Vic has blood on his hands, and the NFL should want to get as far away from him as possible.

There, I'm done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Well you're probably not gonna like this article.

Really... dog fighting is a sport like hunting. You know, I really don't have words. Explaining how this is a ridiculous and moronic (and very sad) statement would be like explaining to a person how Russian Roulette is different from actual Roulette (though Vic and this guy are more than welcome to play as far as I'm concerned)

Wat I especially liked is how poor poor Michael Vic "fell" into a bad situation.

Vic: "Gosh, I don't even know how it all happened, first I was reading to little kids and building a play ground and before you know it I was drowning and hanging dogs. I guess I just fell into it."

12:08 PM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I'm so glad athletes are finally getting knocked off their pedestals. Too often they get away with murder aka Leonard Little. I plan on devoting an entire post on this subject soon but you did a good job with this one.

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home