Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, August 27, 2007

You ride 44 miles and what do you get?

Another day older and you limp like a git.

44 miles is the longest I have ridden this year. The trail was particularly hilly for the first 27, but was flat for the rest. From mile 36 on I just kept looking at my odometer. 36. 36.5. 37... At about mile 40 I was feeling pretty good. I was tired, but I also felt like I was really accomplishing something. The road was long, and I was in the sun the whole damn time, but there I was, doing it. I felt like a true Amazon, facing and winning out over the elements. Yarg, the Barbarian in me swelled with pride. Then I turned a corner and saw another series of hills, each one looking bigger and steeper than the last. What, pray tell, did this amazon Barbarian Queen do?

She burst into tears.

I stopped once I realized I couldn't cry and breathe, so with determination (and nothing else, I was tapped out) I huffed and puffed my way through the last 4 miles. I rode into the parking lot to the applause of my husband and the rest of my team. That made me feel really good (if, you know, I could have felt anything. I was numb from the eyeballs down). All I could think was nap, nap, nap. The rest of the day passed fairly quietly. Today I am a bit sore but none the worse for ware. I'm kicking the MS-150's ass!

2 Comments:

Blogger DarthImmortal said...

WOW! I'm so impressed you were able to complete that ride!! Great job!!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Thanks! MS here I come!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home