Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, September 07, 2007

Time to Say Goodbye

RIP Pavarotti.

I'm saddened by the news that he has passed away. I didn't know the man, and I wasn't a fan of his musical genre, but there is always sadness when one of the greats dies.

And he was great, no doubt about that. Even into his late 60's he was belting them out with such fervor and passion all others paled in comparison. His legacy is long, and I doubt we will see another like him in our lifetime. So Bravo! Mr. Pavarotti, and may you shame the angels with your talent.

Closer to home, for me, disaster has struck. The constant construction at my job continues. Last week the roofers removed most of the roof on my building. They are supposed to replace it. However, because of the recent rains they haven't done shit (union, don't you know). Therefore the 5th floor of my building is almost completely flooded. One poor professor lost everything in his office and his lab - laptops, computers, books, files, you name it. Nothing is salvageable. Several offices were severely damaged. We have plastic "funnels" located all over the place, catching the still running waters. Can you say lawsuit? If the lazy-ass pieces of shit had laid a tarp over the roof, like they were supposed to, none of this would have happened.

But of 'course they shrug and say, "Sorry." Yeah, right. You'll be sorry when you get a bill for 3.4 million dollars covering the damages your ignorance and apathy caused. Who will be shrugging then, hmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home