Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Injured

I finally did it, I hurt myself. I've torn my MCL (Medial collateral ligament) in my left knee. I will be off skates for a few weeks and it BLOWS!!

Yesterday I was really depressed but I feel much better today
. Watching derby practice last night wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. One of my Derby wives brought me a bottle of white wine to sip while I sat. Awwwwww! Derby wife, you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

Derby wives are girls who start at the same time and are usually friends when they start. They are closer to each other than the rest of the Derby girls. I'm not sure how the whole wife thing started, but there were three of us who joined around the same time and we've become the Fearsome Threesome (well, twosome until I get back on my skates). M is a rock star, she's going to be the poster girl for St. Louis derby. S works with me and got me into derby. S and I kind of decided we were each others wives because we act like an old married couple anyway. We're each others biggest support, but we're also the first to point out each others mistakes. That left M all alone, so S and I decided to make it a threesome.

You male readers take a moment to visualize that........you done?

So my wives are taking good care of me. Like I said I was pretty depressed yesterday but my mom called me and cheered me up. The way our relationship is now - I would never have guessed my mom and I could be so close. She called me yesterday and the first words out of her mouth, "How are you dealing with the depression?" Man, she knows me. Then Issy called and I felt much better after that call, too. Poor Issy has the flu.

I have my ortho appointment on Monday to find out what is going on, will I need surgery, and all that. I just want to know. Telling me I have a torn MCL doesn't explain anything. How bad? How long? Will I ever be the same? If you'll remember my husband broke his left knee about five or six years ago. He has been WONDERFUL!! I'm so lucky to have found and married that man. Anyway, he can't run the same now and I'm worried I'll never skate the same, but he also didn't go to therapy. I won't be skipping that detail.

I'm going to do anything and everything to get back on my skates. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Issy said...

Good luck! I know if you are determined to get it behind you as quick as possible, it will happen!

I just hope you don't have to have any type of invasive surgery. If they can get it taken care of with microscopic surgery, that would be awsome (worst case scenario). Let me know what the doctor says and I'll keep my fingers crossed!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home