Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, February 07, 2008

My New Superpower

I have a unique ability most people do not have.

When my husband upgraded his satellite radio I got his old unit. I like it, I don't need anything fancy when I listen to the same five stations. But since my unit is older, and thus weaker, anyone with a stronger unit overpowers mine when we get close to each other. So I'll be listening to my station when all of the sudden I get to hear whatever it is they are listening to.

It used to annoy me, but now I find it very amusing. Last night I was on my way home when my radio cut out and "She's Like the Wind" by Patrick Swayzee came through. I look around...the only person next to me is a cop! A big one, male, with the buzz cut and everything. I just started laughing. I've busted a hip-hop guy listening to Miley Cyrus, had a soccer-mom blaring Sesame Street, and even had an older couple listening to AC/DC. Sometimes I can't tell who's radio is overtaking mine. That's usually when I hear the most boring, annoying, or ear grating songs. Once I got stuck by a person listening to talk radio and try as I might I could not get out of the range. I nearly fell asleep at the wheel.

So if you have a strong satellite radio don't be so sure you can get away with listening to Barbara Streisand when you think no one can hear you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home