Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm in the Pink

There have been a lot changes to the Arch Rival Roller Girls recently.  There have been so many new girls join the roller derby league that they have had to put us all on teams, the Pink and the Black.  I am on the Pink team.  

So far there are only 6 of us on this team but more new girls will be added in the next couple of weeks.  We are working hard to build our teams (and our skills) for the Rookie Rumble taking place May 31.  In the last three years the Pink team has dominated the Rookie Rumbles.  I'm going to make sure the streak stays alive.  This Saturday we are having a team bonding party.  We're going to skate, make tu-tus, and drink!  Derby, baby!!

In other news I think I found a house my sister might like to buy.  It's really nice, a lot of stuff is new, it has a nice yard, and it's a better neighborhood than where she lives now.  The bedrooms are kind of small, but she still wants to look at it.  It's also for rent, and at a really good price, so if she decides she doesn't want to take it I'll pass the info on.  $500 a month for a 2 bedroom house with new everything and a nice yard is quite a deal.

My husband is going away this weekend to some big bike ride and I have the place to myself.  I am looking forward to cleaning the house and enjoying time alone.  Some people can't do that, they can't be alone.  I don't mind being alone, in fact I quite like it.  It's peaceful.  

Tomorrow, May 1, is the two year anniversary of my Papaw's death.  He was a great man and I miss him very much.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home