Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, May 09, 2008

The Mayor's Party

I am so excited! Tonight Mayor Francis Slay is having his re-election party. Now, I don't care about his politics one way or the other. However, he has invited the Arch Rival Roller Girls to be a part of it. We get to be eye-candy on skates. The best part is it's taking place in a brand new arena and this party will be filled with big-wigs and people with lots of $$$. ARRG needs a new venue for its bouts and a new place to practice. Tonight is going to be a very big night for us!!

I can't wait to get my skates on that brand new floor. My derby wives will both be there so we can practice blocking. I'm getting so much better. Last night the M80s (my temp team) were really happy with the way I skated. That means so much to me! The M80 are the champions and a really, really good team. To get their praise was just such an honor.

I'm in the process of cleaning my skate wheels right now (don't want to soil that gorgeous floor). I also have to sew my name back on my track jacket, damn iron-ons. Oh well.

Tomorrow is our 3rd bout, Beach Blanket Derby. If you're in St. Louis stop on by the All American Sports Complex around 7pm. Have a beer, watch the bout, and get ready for the best time of your life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home