Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Rules!

In Derby, we have rules for a reason. One of the rules is if you are new and you haven't passed your skills test than there are certain things you simply cannot do.

Last night we were doing blocking drills and two brand new girls were on the rink with us. They fell down right in front of Buns N. Burn'er and Overland Offender. Buns jumped over them (which was pretty damn impressive, I must say) but in landing she fell headfirst and slid into the wall. Had she been going any faster she very well could have broken her neck. As it was she felt a bit queasy and left practice early.

Needless to say, I don't have a whole lot of love for those newbies right now. Part of being a team is knowing your limitations. They could have hurt two very good players last night. Grrrr. I try not to be angry, they want to progress and you can't do that if you don't practice, practice, practice, but Buns is my derby WIFE! Seeing her head snap back like that gave me a freaking heart attack. I was sick with worry all last night. She called me this morning to let me know she felt fine.

Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home