Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Bad, Bad Thing

If someone lies to you and hurt your feelings, are you obligated to get them a birthday card?

Long story short, my sister-in-law K hurt my feelings really badly by lying to me. I didn't get her a birthday card, but I did get one for her twin, J. Now K's hurt. Should I care? I didn't blight K on purpose, J was in town and K wasn't. Then she was. No card. Do I care?

I just got dumped by my husband. He was going to take me out to lunch, but all of his co-workers vacated the premises, leaving him alone to mind the store. So I get dinner instead. Yeah! I like dinner better, I can drink at dinner. Since I had a meeting this afternoon, I'm all dressed up, too. You know what that means? I get a fancy dinner, not just a burger.

Did you ever misinterpret song lyrics? That Gwen Stefani song Hollar Back Girl has inspired a lot of wrong lyrics. Ain't no Harlem black girl, Ain't no Olivette girl (for you St. Louisans). I've also heard: Little peas and carrots - i.e. Little things that kill by Bush; There's a bathroom on the right - i.e. There's a bad moon out tonight by CCR; Big 'ol Jed had a lighter - i.e. Oh, big 'ol jet airliner by Steve Miller Band; and Caught in a bog - i.e. Call me a dog by Temple of the Dog. Very funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home