Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Helllllloooooo!

I'm baaaack! Miss me?

I had the most fabulous time on my cruise. What I've learned:

You can eat salmon eight different ways before you get tired of it.
Getting stung by jellyfish really, really hurts.
Spending money with your Sign & Sail card is really, really easy.
Making a fool out of yourself is much better when you are surrounded by people who don't know you.

What I've always suspected but now know to be true:

I'm smarter than a lot of people.
My patience does have a limit, and it's short.
Being alone has it's advantages.

The food was great, the service was outstanding. The shows were all right. I wasn't a big fan of the Country show. We played lots of games, my mother won $600 playing Bingo.

I did not.

The cabin we had was really nice. Being rocked on a cruise ship is the best sleep anyone can ask for. Sitting on deck with a glass of wine watching the sea sponges pass by was such a calming moment for me. Talk about feeling small, be on a boat where there is no land in sight in any direction. Key West was H-O-T, the Bahamas were very colorful. We were the last boat allowed to dock in both ports because of Wilma. We barely got any rain, we were lucky.

I came back home to find my husband had pulled a "While You Were Out" on me. I have a completely new living room. The walls were painted, there was new furniture, and my husband had built this huge shelving unit to house the TV. I'm so impressed. I actually want to invite people over now.

It's been hard getting back to work. I want my breakfast buffet and big fluffy robe. I want to be catered to all day. I want a nap. I have a lot of photo's and a big, fat conch shell to remind me of this trip. Once I find the cable that connects my camera to a computer I'll share.

Back to the grind...where is Mladen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home