Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Do You Want To Bang Heads With Me?

I'm not very pleased with my mother right now. I'm not mad, I'm not even perturbed, just not pleased.

My mother's favorite holiday is Christmas. So in July she started asking my sister and I what we wanted to do for it. "Are we going to Kentucky (grandparent), Alabama (my parents), or going to St. Louis (me and sis)?"

Here is what my mother said then. "Oh, I don't care, you girls talk it over and get back to me. I'll do whatever you guys decide."

Uh-huh.

So it was decided that Christmas would be in St. Louis at my house. A couple of days ago my mother calls and asks, "Have you gotten with everyone and decided just when you're going to have Christmas?"
Me - "Not really, but I thought we'd do ours on Christmas Eve at my house."
Mom - "Oh, but I'm spending Christmas eve and day with mother. We'll come into St. Louis late Christmas day."

Thank you so much for making it our decision. Oh, wait, it wasn't our decision, was it?

So here is my decision. Christmas eve will be with hubby's mom. Christmas day will be with hubby's dad. My family's Christmas will occur the morning of the 26th. We're having it at my house. Food will be served.

Can you guess the name of the song I am referencing in my title?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things I hate about Christmas are all the road trips to see the ENTIRE family. We finally gave up on that a few years ago. We only go two places: her parents and mine.

Last year was great because we hosted Christmas so everybody came to our house. It is very relaxing when you don't have to run around the entire day.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

Going to everyone's place is a drag. It eats up all the vacation time.

Hell, we haven't got time to see anyone this x-mas... or thanksgiving for that matter.

One drawback to having a one bedroom condo in the city; people are less inclined to come down for anything since they have to find their own place to stay. Can't blame them though.

We are going to our friends' house this year. I'm really glad they aren't going anywhere so we have some place we can reasonably go.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Good for both of you. It's nice that we'll have it at my house because I won't have to pack anything or travel. However, it sucks that it will be at my house this year because I have to clean. And clean. And, um, clean.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Matto the Hun said...

That's true... I will rejoice in having no one to clean for.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so busy writing my response to the Christams stuff that I forgot to mention Danzig. Damn it!!!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home