Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A little more...

In regards to my post below I want to clarify something.

You may read what's below and think I don't care for my sister. It is because I care that I wrote what I did. Do you think I don't know how pissed-off she's going to be? Answer = very.

So why did I write it? I needed to say it. This topic has kept me up at night. I worry for my sister. I know what she's had to live through. I know her whole history, the sad and happy, short and long of it.

My sister deserves a happy life. She deserves to be relaxed and comfortable by this age. She should come home to a safe, happy home. She deserves to be healthy and vibrant and in love with her life. She deserves nice clothes. She deserves to drive whatever car she wants and plan a yearly vacation. She deserves to be able to go out with her friends and family and not worry about each penny spent. She deserves to be able to give her child whatever she wants without having to worry where the money is going to come out of. And if she wants to go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant she should be able to do it. Money is a huge part of your life when you don't have much.

Having to worry about money can drive one crazy. My sister isn't immune, for a few months I swear she had a headache every single day. M not having a job is a strain on their lives and relationship. She deserves better. The way my sister can budget, if M got a job they'd be set. They'd be able to go on vacations and remodel their house the way they want.

I can't just sit back and say nothing. She's my sister. Am I wrong to want better for her? Am I wrong to be angry that she doesn't have it? I think M doesn't deserve her. I think he needs to work to earn her. If that's wrong, then so am I.

6 Comments:

Blogger Random Musings said...

Ok I totally agree.
Serious.
And your her sister you have every right to worry and be upset about this.
As much as this will sound bad, she needs to drop the dead weight, shes already doing it on her own she needs to tell him to get a job or she kicks him to the curb. Thats INSANE 3 years, he should have NO excuses.
When we first got married and were BROKE and I was not aloud to work (immigration) I went out and got a job under the table at a restaurant where I BEGGED them to hire me and told them I would work for 6$ an hour (min wage is $7.25) I agree you do what you can.
She's enabaling him. She needs to break down and kick his ass out to make him change. Why would be work if for 3 years hes not had too?

11:21 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Whew, I'm so glad your still talking to me. I am not asking you to take sides. I want you to know that. L and I will deal with this on our own. I just can't sit back and keep my mouth shut any longer.

11:04 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

In my opinion you are a VERY good sister for talking about this. I would do the exact same thing if I was walking in your shoes.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Issy said...

I think it's great that you got this out. The fact that it's out there now puts the ball in her court. At least her knowing that you feel the way you do will give validation when she chooses to change or not to change and if she chooses no to change then she's going to go through a world of guilt. Meaning knowing how disapointed you are. Good luck! I'm way proud of you!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Thanks.

Darth - Haven't seen you in a while, I thought you thought I was a freak after the email I sent you. Blessed be.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Chief Scientist said...

Generally someone who criticizes someone else on the internet out of 'love' is asking for an ass-kicking.

You should be a left-wing protester. They are always bitching about stuff because they love their country. And they make pretty good money at it. You are writing here for free. ;-)

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home