Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy Friday

Hello all. Not much to say today. I'm in a good mood and have half a day before I get to party with me best friend Issy.

I did notice that River Des Peres is open again. Now, for those of you not in St. Louis, River Des Peres is a big shortcut through South St. Louis. It being closed for construction was a big pain in the ass for a lot of people. It has been closed since JULY. Yep, almost 6 months of construction.

What did they do? They replaced a 20 foot section of bridge. Yeah. Five fucking months for a 20 foot section of bridge. Can someone say "Sucking the money out of the city for all it's worth?" How hard is it to rip up, clean off, and replace a 20 foot section of a two lane bridge. It's not even a REAL bridge, it's more like an overpass for a drainage ditch. Are union laborers that slow and lazy?

I want to murder someone for this. In five months I've seen three buildings erected on my college campus. From dirt to completion, mind you. Three buildings full of stuff and those assholes can't fix a 20 foot section of a two-lane road. Someone needs to die.

Happy Friday all!

1 Comments:

Blogger DarthImmortal said...

That closure is a big pain in the ass for me too. My campus is located near Clayton and Skinker and I live south so I drive by there everyday.
I take MacKenzie but with Des Peres open it makes my drive home less congested.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home