Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Journey of My Patience

Here is how far I have come since I have been with my husband.

When we met:
"Uh-uh, no way. There are too many people in this line for us to eat here. We have to go somewhere else."
"Honey, there are four people in front of us."
"Yeah, FOUR. We're going to be here all day."
"No, we won't. Just relax and--"
"Relax? Relax! I have things to do today and I can't afford to spend half of it waiting in line."
"Look, now there are just two people. They'll get seated in a minute and then we will."
(Stewing) "We better."
FIVE MINUTES LATER
"See, we're at our table. That didn't take very long."
"Long enough!"

Today:
I saw a velvet tunic in one of the many, many catalogs I receive in the mail. At the time it was $60. There's no way in hell I'm payiing $60 for a shirt. I just can't. Dress? Maybe, but not a shirt. It was August, I beleive. I think that's when the fall catalogs come out. Anyway, I knew it would go on sale eventually, so I waited. About November it went on sale - for $50. December came and with it the shirt went on sale again - $40. After Christmas a catalog announcing this company's huge sale arrived. The tunic was in there - $30. Today, Jan. 19, I ordered that tunic. I had a 35% coupon about to expire and the shirt was on it's fourth sale price. Yep, almost 6 months later I got that tunic for $17.54.

I've come a long way, baby!

2 Comments:

Blogger DarthImmortal said...

I am also very impatience in regards to waiting at a restaurant. Because of this we eat earlier than most people. I try to arrive at the restaurant between 5-5:30 or else its fast food. I am also better with this, as the older I get the more patience I have.

In regards to purchasing something, I will not pay more for something either. I usually get a number in my head and I will not go over it for any reason. I salute you in waiting for price to drop for the tunic. If more people had control like that we would all be much better off.

Like going to a ball game or hockey game I refuse to pay $8 for a beer. If everybody had the same attitude and did not buy the $8 beer, the prices would drop. When it comes to money most people are complete idiots.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

When it comes to idiots most of them have money.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home