Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, February 18, 2008

Bird Dog

Often I have wondered how my precious little pooch survived the first three years of his life. He was held prisoner by freaks from a meth lab. Now I think I know.

Yesterday we let the dog out and I watched him as he tore into the corner of our property and proceeded to take down a turtle dove. There was nothing but a mass of flying feathers. Then my little hunter came prancing out of that corner with one of the doves clamped firmly in his jaw. He was very happy until the thing wiggled loose and flew up on the deck. Oh well, the dog just went back to the corner in search of another bird.

I managed to get him into the house and picked out what few feathers he still had stuck between his teeth. Hubby went to rescue the bird but it sort of flopped/flew off our property. The dog was very disappointed at this. That was his dinner fair and square.

The turtle doves have moved away from that corner. Who said birds were stupid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home