Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bout #3 - Another Success

The M80's whuped the Smashinistas 102 to 40 last night.  If you missed it (and shame on you if you did!) it was an amazing bout.  Unfortunately Jesse Cut-throat broke her arm during the second period.  It's a part of derby, but my thoughts and prayers go out to her.  

I'm so happy to be a part of derby.  I have a circle of friends who I never thought in a million years I'd have.  I'm a part of something so amazing I can't even describe it.  I have more confidence and pride in myself and I'm stronger, physically and mentally.  I have a whole new perspective on life.  I no longer feel I am floating around aimlessly wondering what mark I am going to make.  

I'm not a militant feminist but there is something about being around a group of focused, strong women that makes me feel I, as a woman, can do anything .  I have no tolerance for bullshit.  I am in charge of my fate and I love it.  I am soft, curvy, tall, and beautiful; but don't be fooled.  I have a solid core hard as marble.  I wish I could share this feeling with everyone.  

Our next bout is June 14.  Be there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home