Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, June 30, 2008

What a Weekend!

I had a very good weekend. On Friday I finally bought all the things I need to turn merchandise into less of a monster and more of a well-oiled machine. I know it sounds like a bore, but Friday night I spent inventorying and packing all our ARRG merch into my new carts. It was very exciting.

Saturday I finally got to sleep late. I went to a pool party hosted by the M80's Shanghai Lily. It was held at her sister's house, a gorgeous house with a really nice pool/deck area. We didn't actually get in the water as the sky couldn't make up it's mind if it wanted to rain or not. It was nice to get to sit back and chat with my team mates.

Sunday was a very busy day. ARRG was walking (er, skating) in the St. Louis Pride parade. It was the first parade I got to skate in. I parked close to the start of the parade and met my derby wife Doom and a few of the other girls before heading over to the meeting place. The sky couldn't make up it's mind yesterday, either. Rain? Sun? Wind? No wind? It was strange. I had bought this really cute red paper parasol to keep my lily white flesh out of the sun but I had to keep putting it away - is was paper. Oh well, I looked adorable without it anyway.

We waited forever for the parade to start. I felt like a celebrity. Everyone, both in the parade and spectators, stopped by to get a picture with us. Everyone was so nice and super supportive. It was the kind of atmosphere I wish we found everywhere. Happy people glad to be in a crowd of other happy people.

We had a group of Queens in beehives and bee costumes from the botanical society marching behind us, they were so cute! The parade is only 5 blocks long. We had a great time. Halfway through the sky opened up and let us have it. I expected to see the Ark at the end of the parade route.

I lost a toe stop so I had to jump in the truck our Garson was driving. Enya, who's recovering from knee surgery, and I sat in a nice dry truck as we watched our soggy little roller girls swim back to their cars. Afterwards we all went to Chimmichangas for monster margaritas and really good, really cheap Mexican food.

But that wasn't all. I was on TV last night! The Fan Show on Channel 11 is co-hosted by our very own Kurt LaBelle. Last night we showed up early so Magnum P.I.M.P. could jump over 7 of us in the parking lot. He did so with ease (nyuck, nyuck). Then we hung around for the show to start. Robbie Knievil, Evil's kid, was the guest. It was pretty nice. I wore my M80 uniform for the first time. I'm so proud!

I'm tired today but feel very good. I like being busy but I am really looking forward to our vacation the weekend after next. I need some me & hubby time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home