Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Anheuser-Busch Sale

My husband lectured me this morning on why selling AB to a Belgian company is a good thing. I don't see it. But then I realized my husband is motivated by money. To him it's all about making that $46 Billion dollars.

Like the city of St. Louis is ever going to see any of that money. The shareholders will get that money. What I'm worried about is where are the profits going to go?

AB sponsors a lot of charities and non-profit organizations. These Belgians going to continue to contribute to those, or are they going to use the profits for their own interests? No one spends $46 Billion unless they think their going to get that money back. How are they going to get it back, what are they going to spend it on?

I'm worried about people losing their jobs, Hubby could give a shit. So what, a few people lose their jobs, happens all the time. I'd like you to know my husband has a pretty secure position with his company, he's never had to live under the threat of suddenly being unemployed. If so I think he'd sing a different tune, but like I said, my husband is motivated by money.

Belgium has national health care (thanks, Hillary, for giving up on that one). Are they going to pay the staggering health costs for this American company? Or are they going to bare-bone it and force thousands of AB employees to suffer shitty health insurance. Why do they care, they are in Belgium. They won't have to choose between paying their bills and paying their medical costs.

I think selling AB to a foreign company is a huge mistake. I don't see how it will help THIS country at all. And face it, we need all the help we can get. But I guess my husband would be happy living in a country owned and operated by others.

WIFE FOR SALE*

My husband stated today that everything has a price. So I guess I'm for sale, too. Forget the blood, sweat, and tears we've put into this relationship, forget the time it's taken us to become a couple instead of two individuals, oh no, name your price and I'm yours. That happy future we have together? Well, nothing brings happiness like money! So place your bids.

I am a healthy, disease free female who likes to cook and is great in the sack. I'm intelligent, hard working, humorous, and self-sufficient. I'm a moderately adept housekeeper but I don't garden nor do I take care of landscaping. I don't like kids and I refuse to take care of any. I come with a cat. I steal covers but I do laundry. I like to have my alone time so co-dependents need not bid.

C'mon, anyone?

*(For you fucking retards who can't detect sarcasm, I am actually not for sale. It's a shame I have to put a disclosure on this but there are a lot of stupid people out there.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home