Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Monday, June 16, 2008

Ver Strange Mood Today

I have a lot of shit going on.

I'm the Chair of our merchandise committee in derby, so I have merchandise strewn from one end of my house to another. I need to get it organized and stored as quickly as possible. Not an easy task. I've also had to ask the Board for $$ to make some purchases. In the long run these purchases will benefit us greatly, but I don't know how they'll respond. Fingers crossed.

As Chair I have a meeting to go to tonight after practice. All the other committee heads are going to get together and discuss what's what. Then Tuesday night I have a merch meeting with my committee before practice.

Tuesday's practice is my bout test. If I pass this test I can be drafted. If I'm drafted I could be skating as early as July 5th. Crap! Part of me looks forward to it, part of me wants to run and hide.

In addition to this I get to plan the ARRG float trip in August and help plan an event going on at the City Museum in July.

I'm a busy girl! After this week things will calm down, but damn, what a week it is going to be.

Me and the hubby are taking a much needed vacation in July. It's this thought that keeps me motivated.

Last week a co-worker's (well, she's been gone for years, but I still consider her a co-worker) son died in a motorcycle wreck. He was 29. The week before that a roller girl's boyfriend died, he was in his 20's as well. Both men have left behind children. This makes me very sad. On the other hand I know a couple of jerk-ass mother-fuckers who need to die. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

So I'm excited, cautious, stressed, and a bit sad all at the same time. It's a bit strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home