Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Baby Bandits

Rode 10 miles today. I thought I would do a lot worse at it was nearly 85 degrees at 5:30 in the AM! I hate heat. I am one of those freaks who likes winter. I like being cold. I like putting on the big fluffy sweater and fuzzy socks and curling up with my cat. Hot apple cider, hot cinnamon buns, the smell of a wood fire, I like it all. I do not like being hot in the I'm-naked-and-I'm-standing-in-front-of the-open-fridge-and-I'm-STILL-HOT hot. And the humidity, oh Lord, there isn't anything I can do but keep the hair in braids and pray for an early fall.

Well, well, well, seems little Mr. B-Butt has gotten himself into a world of hurt now. My sister found he has been breaking into cars with two of his little buddies. (C'mon, sis, you KNEW I was going to talk about it). Not even in school yet and already a hoodlum. Ohhhhh, did the shit hit the fan! I would bet anything my nephew has never shaken in his boots quite like that before. Nasty, nasty temper, my sister has. Embarrass her in front of the neighbors and she can get downright evil. Do they have Brat Camp for toddlers?

He's never going to live this one down. This will be brought up at Thanksgivings, Christmases, and birthday's to come. Any time he gets in trouble, the break-into-cars card will be played. There is no defense against the break-into-cars card. When I was a baby I broke a set of angel's my mother had and I still hear about it. Yeah, well, I may have broken a few ornaments, but at least I NEVER BROKE INTO CARS, bwa-ha-ha!

Looks like my sister is going to have to sit B-Butt down and have a serious talk about having to "belong." **AMENDMENT: She has**We all did stupid things when we were young because we wanted to prove ourselves or have people like us. Seems these days the kids get younger while the acts get stupider and more dangerous. Knowing the difference between right and wrong is wonderful, but being able to stand up for yourself when faced with a right and wrong decision takes courage. I hope when school starts B-Butt can find a nice circle of friends that won't land him in prison.

Anyway, I'm sure my nephew is looking forward to being away from home. My parent's are coming into town this weekend to take him on a little vacation. Nothing like spending a weekend with one's grandparents to take away the sting of wrong-doing. Little does he know that once my mother sinks her teeth into something, she does not let up. Having his mother force him to apologize to all the neighbors was just a good start.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbarian02003 said...

Something to look forward to!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home