Yarg

Welcome to the random ramblings of a scattered mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Biker's Ho! (Or is it Ho Bikers?)

We're getting down to the nitty-gritty here, folks. September is coming up faster than I anticipated, serious training for the MS150 is about to begin. No more riding once or twice a week and once on weekends, we're going to have to push it up to 4 or 5 times a week. I finally got a new pair of maxi-pants, so I don't have to wash my one pair each and every day. The scary part of all this? I'm actually enjoying it.

Yeah, strange, huh? I am looking forward to the MS150. I look forward to the scenery and the challenge. I look forward to coming across the finish line in pain, sucking wind, ready to puke, and having the time of my life. I just need to raise the $200 for donations and I'm good to go. Anyone who wants to help can email barbarian02003@yahoo.com. We have a website I can send you. Enough soliciting.

I read this blog yesterday started by a soldier in Iraq, then picked up by his wife when the soldier was wounded. He's fine, and it's a very touching blog. However, she states that they met the president and she doesn't want to hear anything bad about Bush because she and her husband think he's a swell guy. That whole military mentality of "follow the leader/don't ask questions."* I can respect that, but she's got to remember that if Bush hadn't lied to this entire country, her husband wouldn't have been in Iraq in the first place. Why thank the asshole who sent you into the lion's mouth? I'd like her to go visit some of the wives who have lost their husbands in this war and see if their as Bush-happy as she is.

*My dad is a career military man, I was the typical military brat. I know the military and I have every right to say this.

My father wanted me to join the military the moment I came out of the womb. Not gonna happen. I don't have the personality fit for being in the military. I like to think for myself and don't take orders very well. I'm a Libra, I have to see both sides of any issue. People in the military are trained to see only one. Hey, don't get me wrong, military men and women are a special breed. They have to be touch and brave. They can't give way to their emotions and they have to be sharp as tacks in stressful situations. Their physical fitness is paramount to their jobs. I have a lot of respect for military people, but I don't want to be one. There are a lot of stupid rules in the military, and if your an underling, you have no option but to abide by each and every one. You think it's hard to change laws in the civilian world? Wooo! Try to change something in the military and you'll see what the word "difficult" means.

The main objective in the military is to follow orders. Everyone, from the Privates to the Generals, follow orders. Orders are not questioned. They are not ignored. They are followed to the letter. There are severe punishments for not following orders or for screwing them up. People are thrown in jail for not following orders, and "sorry" ain't gonna cut it. The entire military itself is founded on obedience. I can not live in that type of atmosphere. Blessed be those who can.

I think our troops should be brought home. They should come home to grand parades and ceremonies. They should get permanent discounts anywhere they shop and tax cuts like the rich. I also think they should get an apology from every government official in office for sending them into a nightmare for no good reason (usually while their children stayed home). And Bush should personally kiss the hairy ass of each and every soldier who comes back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home